Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, May 17, 2010

Not My Will

 
  I love Texas, I love y'all in Texas, and I also love all y'all who are reading this and aren't in Texas.  My heart belongs first and foremost to my King and Saviour.  Secondly, my love is to my family;  thirdly to my friends-whether that's in Texas or not.

  I'm missing Texas, not just Texas but all of our friends in Texas!  Would you believe it-I'm even missing the RV!  I miss getting together to fellowship after church and during the week.  I miss all of the like-minded friends who have been so encouraging and supportive, even if they did not realize that they were doing so.  I miss the sight of my father, surrounded by strong men who love the Lord. I miss the wonderful, godly women who are constantly encouraging my mother.  I miss seeing my brothers with young men who truly are friends. (By that, I mean, friends who don't always want to talk about worthless subjects - sports, movies, etc., but who love to talk of things that build character, encourage godliness, manliness, etc., who will stick to you even in the hard times.)

  I miss all of that. It just makes me more grateful for the love of my Heavenly Father in showing me that HE is the only one who is ALWAYS with me, always near me, and that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is all-sufficient;  he is my provider, my shelter from the storm, and I can rely fully upon Him to care for me.  I know that He took me away from my home for a reason. He has a plan for my life that is far greater than anything that I could ever know.  I believe that, for one, He did it to remind me that I must not trust in or depend upon anyone or anything but Him and Him ALONE. Secondly, to show me anew that He ALONE is God and that I am unable to do anything to change the fact that He COMPLETELY controls my life (whether I like it or not).  Thirdly, to teach me that the design of man is not above that of God, and that He can change anyone's plans, however well-laid, in a flash.  I know that He has so much more to teach me and that I have SO much more to learn.  I pray that I will be submissive to His will in my life and to say without regret "not my will but Yours be done".

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amen, we're sure going to miss ya'll Hannah. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to leave Texas...but the Lord is faithful and His ways are far above us. Even though we may often not understand why He does the things He does we can be confident that He is working all things together for good...but I'm still praying that He moves ya'll back to Texas someday. :)