1/2 cup water 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup white sugar 18 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate 1 cup unsalted butter 6 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside. 2. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside. 3. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer. 4. Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
6. Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
I made this cake for our "free day" (the day that we get to eat sweets!) It is SOOOOO rich and SOOOOO good. We topped it with homemade whipped cream and fresh raspberries - DELICIOUS!
Do any of you remember the "flourless cookie" that I made and how badly it turned out? Well, here is a flourless recipe that actually does work out...plus, it's a chocolate lover's dream...OK, that might be an overstatement but the fact is that this cake is simply THE BEST!
If any of you decide to make this cake, be sure to share it with someone, (or a whole group of people!) because if you don't, well, you might be tempted to eat the whole thing all by yourself!
Teddy and Rosie decided that they wanted to "visit" with the squirrels who have made their home in our tree. Actually, the young squirrels got curious and came within about five feet of Teddy. Those little rodents have A LOT to learn about how very DANGEROUS life can be!
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
We recently went to to the airport to see a WWII plane that papa's company will be cleaning. There were some men there filming for the Discovery Channel and they asked papa if it would be OK if we were on the show. Mama and papa filled out some paperwork and we're now officially "signed up" for being in the Discovery Channel.....how very interesting!
- The plane had a propeller AND a jet engine! -
- Electronics etc. in the wing -
- We took the opportunity to get quite a few pictures! (which made me very happy!)-
- Looking on -
If you are interested in reading a bit of history on this aircraft, you can go to the following link:
Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction.
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is thepower of God unto salvation, to every one that believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks the truth in his heart;who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a vile person is despised, but who honors those who fear the LORD; who swears to his own hurt and does not change; who does not put out his money at inteerest and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.