Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Elijah John

  Elijah is my oldest brother and a very godly young man who constantly encourages me in my walk with God and in daily life. When I'm having a day where everything seems to be falling apart around me, he is there to encourage me. In a lot of ways, he is more of a big brother to me than a little brother.

  Some of Elijah's interests are Hunting, Fishing, and Dog Training. He also becomes "Mr. Fix-it" quite often. In 2008, after eight unsuccessful attempts, Elijah brought home a large whitetail deer. We butchered it in our garage. By doing this, we saved a significant amount of money, plus, we got more meat out of it! We took the scraps to a meat processor and had it made into summer sausage and meat sticks (the best that I've ever had). Elijah also enjoys animals as pets. We have two Vizslas, which he has been training since April of last year (and if you asked him about them, he would be more than happy to inform you of their advantages as house pets).

  Elijah is a gift from God and I don't know how I would manage without him.

No comments: