Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy 21st!



  My parents met in the U.S. Navy.  Papa was an ordnance-man on F-14 fighter planes.  Mama worked for the maintenance officer. Their marriage followed soon after meeting.

  After about three years of marriage, they both were honorably discharged.  Soon afterwards, papa became a christian.  Mama was not at all happy. She left him and was staying at her grandparent's house.  She even filed for divorce!

  The long and short of it is, that after much prayer etc. mama became a christian.  (Praise the LORD) Soon after her conversion, mama left the work-force to stay home and serve her husband.   A few weeks later, she conceived me.  (For their five years of marriage, my parents had tried to have children but the Lord had never blessed them with any.)

  This year, celebrating their 21st anniversary, they are going to Backbone State Park. They need some time away, by themselves, and this occasion presents a perfect excuse!
I am so excited for them.

  The Lord has blessed me with two of the best parents in the world and I am continually thankful for them.

No comments: