Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hunting

   Yesterday, Elijah and I went deer hunting with Mr. Richter and Amanda.  We left the house at 5:30 and drove to their blind which was about an hour away.  We hunted until mid-morning but we didn't see anything - except for a mouse, a chipmunk and a whole lot of squirrels that made a terrible racket, rustling VERY noisily in the leaves and running to and fro! :)  We left the blind after some "reconstruction" and went to Mr. Richter's brother's house.  While we were there, Mr. Richter took us out into the woods to inspect the stands.  That was interesting and I got to see the stand that Elijah and Papa will be using later this fall, when the gun season begins. The scenery in the country is SO extremely beautiful and I was able to get some pictures, though they do not do full justice to the beauty of God's creation.

- The "reconstruction" -
 - "Chippewa trail" -
- Amanda -
 - Elijah -
Mr. Richter and Elijah were off "inspecting" the stands
while Amanda and I stayed behind at the truck - that's when I snapped this picture!
As we were driving down the road,
(Amanda, Elijah and I were riding in the bed of the truck)
Elijah's hunting license somehow blew out of its holder. 
We had to stop and Elijah was able (thankfully!) 
to retrieve his all-important license! 

We didn't see anything until it was just too late to shoot but,
despite the fact that we were not able to get a deer,
I thoroughly enjoyed my time.

Elijah, practicing the day before the hunt.

No comments: