Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Before I Speak

  
   Today my aunt and my cousin took Mama an I to a "ladies event" that they had at their church.  The theme was on "the use of  your tongue" - I sure needed that!  It was a great reminder that what comes out of my mouth is what is really in my heart.  You see, I can write anything that I might want to - I have time to think over it and to "make myself look better than I truly am in real life"... seriously, I do that too often. When I'm speaking I need to do the same thing, namely, think before I speak, so that what I speak "may give grace to those who hear."  I have a problem with just "saying the first thing that pops into my head" and not thinking about the consequences - "will what I am going to say hurt somebody else?"  -  "will my words magnify the LORD?"  -  "are these words that would encourage others in their walk with God or will they tear others down?" - those are the questions (among others!) that I need to ask myself  BEFORE  I speak!

- Sarah -
 - (My cousin) -

1 comment:

Carolina said...

Ah, you two look so cute together! :)