Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hunting with Mama

   While I was in Iowa, Mama went hunting with
the boys - this time, Elijah was the photographer!
- Jeremiah is very photogenic - that is, if anyone
 can get him to agree to having his picture taken! -
- Elijah is a great outdoorsman - he sometimes
tells me things about nature that simply amaze me! -

- This is one of my favorites! -
   I cropped in on the picture that Elijah took through the scope and made it look (sort of)like a cross - because I always want us to be reminded that no matter where we are or what we are doing, we should have Christ before us and the world behind - notice that the cross is in focus and the "world" is only a blurred background. 

   According to Grandpa - and I heartily agree! - the first thing that Elijah did right when he shot his deer was that he thanked God. 

   Our focus in life should not be to "have fun" or to be a "good person" but our focus should be to glorify our LORD and Saviour because He ALONE is worthy of our praise.

No comments: