Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Air and Space Museum 4-3-2014

We visited the Air and Space museum on the 3rd.  It was so incredible, and the Lord blessed us with a kind elderly gentleman with a wealth of knowledge to give us bits of very interesting information about different artifacts etc. in the museum.  

In the above photo is the helmet for the squadron that my dad was in while he was in the Navy.  He actually designed the mascot which is on the side of the helmet.  It was so cool to see my dad's work in the museum!!!
A replica of the Red Baron's plane.  AMAZING!
Medals of Brig. Gen. Billy Mitchell.
"The Hall of Short Biographies" :)  I wish that I could speed read!
This is the actual Apollo 9 command module.  How amazing is that!?!
Medals of Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker.
The Red Baron's autobiography.  I want this book so badly!
My grandpa (dad's dad) flew an F-4.
One of the most amazing and intriguing things I learned when we were at the museum - the Germans were engineering and building stealth aircraft during WWII. I HAD NO CLUE! How cool!
This kind man blessed us so much!
We stopped at Five Guys for dinner.  Best. Burgers. EVER!  
The horrible part about going to Five Guys is finishing your hamburger and wishing you had 3 more.  Its quite depressing, really.  :)
This incredible view on the drive home.  Love mountains!

No comments: