Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, April 2, 2012

Time with Grandpa


We were recently in Iowa and got to spend some memorable time with our Grandpa. We did an awful lot together and had tons of fun. There was work to be done as well. Grandpa is currently restoring a 1954 Corvette, so we got to help with that and gain valuable knowledge in the process. I took bunches and bunches of pictures while we were there. I hope that you enjoy them!

The tulips are blooming!
We stopped at Dairy Queen and Grandpa treated us to chocolate malts.  I thought that this sign was funny!  :)
I love reflections!
Elijah got a ride in Grandpa's model A.
Papa buffed the model A and the result was incredible.  The reflection was so deep and clear!
Jeremiah in the Corvette.
I walked around the car and this is what I saw! :)
Elijah shined up the whitewalls on the Corvette.  It was amazing when he was done!
Grandpa taught Elijah how to operate the 0 radius turn mower.
Jeremiah had a "blast" on the Gator!  :)
Papa also buffed the Corvette with the same results as the model A.  It looked like a whole new car!
I found this tree in Grandpa's back yard.  I'd never seen anything like it before!
I love this shot!
I couldn't get enough of this tree.  Isn't it gorgeous!?!
We thought that this barn was so neat!
Grandpa also took us to a private air museum.  It was incredible what the man, his wife, and daughter had accumulated over the years!  There was so much there and so much to learn.  We spent quite a while there, but, in the end, I still felt like I could have stayed another couple of hours!
We did some cleaning in Grandpa's shop one day and he used this stuff to clean some paint off of the floor.  It smelled really nasty!  I picked it up to put it away after we were done with it and noted that "this stuff is sickening."  Then I saw the brand name!  I burst out laughing and, if you know me, you probably guessed that I ran for the camera right away.  :)
We made chili for lunch one day and had a really sweet time doing it together with Grandpa, laughing, joking, and making memories.
The violets are out and are just a joy to see blooming along the roadside, and adding a splash of color to the landscape.
I saw this picture and thought that the daffodil looked like it was singing.  :)
We visited one of Grandpa's friends and this was a lovely spiral staircase that she has in her home. 
The boys cut wood one day.  It was fun to see them running the chainsaw!
Rainbow eyes.  :) 
He's got sawdust in his hair.  :)
After an hour or two of work, here's what they had done.  Not bad!  :)
Grandpa taught Elijah how to run the skid loader.
Buddies.  :)

2 comments:

Brooke Noble said...

This is a wonderful post, Hannah! I enjoyed all of the pictures so much! The picture of your grandpa with his dog is really neat, and the pink blossoms on that tree are sooo beautiful!It looks like you all had a great time, and thanks for sharing the pictures with us!
I love you and miss you!
~Brookie

Amanda said...

Beautiful photos, Hannah! The colors and the diversity of subject- thanks for sharing them. What a blessing to be able to spend time with your grandfather and being able to make memories! : )