Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chia Pudding


I just discovered this recipe the other day on a food blog that Mama and I have been looking at.  I knew that we had chia seeds and coconut milk, and it sounded interesting, so I tried it out today.  Oh. My. Goodness. (!!!)  This is incredible stuff! We didn't have vanilla beans, so I left them out.   I didn't really care for the plain version, so I added maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cocoa to make a delightful chocolate pudding.  We haven't eaten it yet, but I've been "snacking" out of the bowl and can barely wait for the rest of my family to taste it!  If you end up making it, please let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut or almond milk or yogurt
1-2 tablespoons chia seed
Vanilla bean and a pinch of salt (optional)


Directions:
Shake 1 cup coconut milk with chia seed in a jar with a tight lid.  Make sure you leave room in the jar for the seeds to swell.  Allow the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes for the chia to swell completely.  Add toppings of your choice!

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Chris Beach said...

Two words: "Yum Mee!"

Antoinette Petersen said...

Yummm....!

In our family chia seeds have become a staple in our diet, from adding it to our water keifr or kombucha for an extra boost, to our baking needs....

My mother and I have been using chia seeds as an egg substitute! Simply use 1 TBL ground chia seeds to 1/2-1 cup water as a substitute for 3 eggs!

Works like a charm and is far better than flax seeds!
We use them in our coconut flour muffins and other baking goodies!

We even make a hot cereal with chia seeds and a little almond flour, some honey and add nuts or dried fruit if desired and it is delicious!!!

Blessings in Christ,

Miss Antoinette

Lydia Jo said...

Wow! I am going to try this!! Recently my dad bought a bag of chia to try, but we haven't used much of it because we kind of don't know what to do with it. But this is a great idea! I'm going to try using almond milk.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Brooke Noble said...

Hannah - this looks wonderful!!! I will definitely try this recipe! Our family has pretty much switched to almond milk, and we usually have chia seeds on hand. I love that this recipe is so simple to make. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Love
~Brookie