Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February!

My dear Family,

   How was your day?  I felt A LOT better today and did A LOT more than I did yesterday.  I am still homesick but it's not as depressing as it seemed yesterday.

   I got up at 5:00 (A.M. , not P.M.!) and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I was kind of worried after all of the ingredients were combined because Grandma Great's mixer is plastic and it started getting hot when it was kneading the dough - so I took over and did the kneading myself.  It was quite enjoyable!  Maybe I worked off the same amount of calories then that I acquired after I had eaten breakfast! :)
    River came over today and had breakfast with us.  He stayed until dinner when Uncle Spencer got off work and picked him up.  During the day, he was over at Grandma Great's three times. I played with him and I think that he enjoyed it, though I'm not as fun as you boys are!  I got a flashlight and he had fun chasing the beam of light in the hallway - then he wanted me to chase it ... I'm sure that I looked quite ridiculous chasing a flashlight beam through the house!  We also built towers out of wooden blocks and then he would run his car through the arch and knock it down, and the process would be repeated.

   I talked with Grandma Great for a while today and told her about what God has done in my life and I told her once again that it is the LORD and his grace that upholds our family and that it is nothing that we have done on our own to be such "good kids" ,as she says.  I am still praying for her and I know that you are doing the same.  Please pray for me to be bold in sharing the gospel with her, and that I would honor God and give Him all of the glory for He ALONE is worthy!

   I did my Bible reading and math this morning and Church History in the afternoon.  I still miss doing math with you, papa, in the morning.

   For dinner, I got to make a chicken pot pie.  I think that it turned out well and there was an abundance of gravy, perhaps too much(in case any of you were wondering!).  Then we had cinnamon rolls for dessert (surprise, surprise!).

  I used my color accent setting on "Harry Cat" and just left his green eyes colored but he moves around so much that I couldn't get a very good picture.

   Well, I must go.  I love and miss all of you as much, if not more than I did yesterday.

   Have a blessed evening.  Joshua 1:9  :)

   Much love, in Christ Jesus,

   Hannah

P.S.

We're having a blizzard here - but of course, I should be used to that by now!  Missing you!

No comments: