Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Of Food, Friends, Frisbee, and Beautiful Moments

God is good.  Always.
 
Life has been an exciting rollercoaster journey lately.  Up and down.  I can't see around the next bend, and sometimes I really wish that I knew what is going to happen next.  But He is holy.  He is leading me, and He knows what is best for me. 
I have been learning of trust and the ever-gracious goodness of God lately.  He is sovereign in salvation, in the beautiful nature surrounding me wherever I go, in the big things in my life, and all of the way down to the tiniest details.  He is sovereign.  And I am grateful.
This summer has been stunningly gorgeous.  Time spent with the Lord, good books, sunsets, family time, business travels with my Papa, fun with friends, a date with my littlest men, lots of yummy food, getting my license and driving all by myself (*gasp!*), great music, and ultimate Frisbee.  Yes, it has been a good summer, a beautiful summer, a blessed summer.  :) 
I am looking forward to what autumn will bring...rustling leaves, soup on the stove, pie in the oven, late night cookouts, plaid scarves, a chilly breeze, and that incredible, unexplainable, happy feeling that only comes at this time of the year.  
But now for some photos from the last few weeks:  

Canoeing at the lake where my parents were married. 
Darling little cousins!  Simply ADORABLE.
Lookin' for trouble?  I think I found him.  :) 
He is seriously one of the cutest guys on the planet.  I'm sure you will agree with me. 
Happy babies blowing bubbles.  Never gets old.  :) 
The first time in history where all 5 of the Armour kids drove anywhere all by themselves.  Elijah is an excellent driver, and I'm an even better passenger seat driver.  :)  Haha!  :)
Heading out for a business trip with Papa, Elijah, and Jeremiah.
Time with Amanda is...long walks and longer talks...staying up late and getting up early... lots of laughing...and maybe a few minor disagreements, for example, about how fast (or, rather, how slowly) I drive.  Haha!  Love you, 'Manda!  You are so special.
I got to surprise and spend some time with this darling little friend of mine on her birthday.  SO FUN!
Travel food is yummy, but not as good as home cooking.  :)
We stopped by the Green Bay Packers' stadium while in Wisconsin.  It was pretty fun! 
Playing spoons in Derek's apartment.  I lost horribly.  :)
Up-high ponytails before bed.  :)
Off on my first date with these two handsome guys.  :)  They took good care of me and Christian said that I was "not allowed to open any doors all day."
We stopped at Chick-fil-A for lunch...

...browsed some antique stores...

...checked out this old caboose, and went to the Monster's University movie (and died laughing) later that evening.  It was a fun, fun day!
My Grandma Great fell and fractured her pelvic bone, so had to stay in the hospital for a few days.  We visited her, and this is what the little guys did.  :)
I had a sweet time getting to know this lovely lady and shoot photos with her last week.  It was so enjoyable!
Sarah is such a dear girl!
Trying a new baked fish recipe.  It was delicious!
My kind of meal:
Grilled venison (my first time grilling venison!), crash potatoes, roasted cauliflower, grilled pineapple, and green beans.  Simply yum!
FRISBEE!  Always a highlight of my week!
These teams are very competitive (a friendly type of competition!) but Christian and Jonnie are right in there with all of the big people!
A-l-m-o-s-t there!
And the block by Christian Armour!  He's a great player!
Brother against brother.  Uh-oh!  :)
Thanks for reading.  :)
Have a blessed week, y'all!  May it be filled to over flowing with evidences of God's goodness and mercy. 

1 comment:

Brooke Noble said...

Aww, I enjoyed this post so much, Hannah! The pics from your date are sweet! Thank you for encouraging me today....your joy is contagious. :) And yes, I can hardly wait for scarf season! ;) Love you dearly!