Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, September 23, 2013

Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

Wow!  Just wow!  These little delights are amazing, and the cream cheese frosting is absolutely irresistible!  Try it - you won't be disappointed.  :)

Ingredients:

Muffins:
3 eggs
1 C sugar (I used 1/4 C maple syrup, 1/4 C honey, and 1/4 C sugar)
2/3 C pumpkin puree
3/4 C gluten free brown rice flour
1/2 t baking power
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
dash salt

Frosting:
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 C powered sugar
6 T butter, softened
2 t vanilla

 Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°.
Beat eggs & sugar together. Add pumpkin, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
Pour into muffin cups. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Cool.
Whip together cream cheese frosting. Spread onto cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.

I took the muffins outside to get some better light as our kitchen is quite dark.  It was supposed to be a brilliant idea, but... 
...I was not happy when the cat took a bite out of the muffin I was trying to photograph... :)

2 comments:

Brooke Noble said...

YUM! These look amazing, Hannah! I will have to try them soon. Yes, that frost does look irresistible....and I like how it only has 1 cup of powdered sugar. Frostings can get too sweet for me. I might try adding in a touch of maple syrup as well. Thank you for sharing this recipe! Love you <3

The Armour Family said...

Thank you for your comment, sweet Brookie! I actually forgot to mention in the post that I used less sugar in the frosting than the recipe called for. I hope that you enjoy them - you'll have to let me know what you think!

Love you so much!