Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

God, Wretchedness, and the Balance


I have recently been reading Pensees by Blaise Pascal, an apologia for the Christian faith.  I haven't gotten very far, but I have found it to be very interesting and I wanted to share a quote with you that I really liked:

"Knowing God without knowing our own wretchedness makes for pride.
Knowing our own wretchedness without knowing God makes for despair.
Knowing Jesus Christ strikes the balance because He shows us both God and our own wretchedness."

1 comment:

Caley said...

Wow! Amen, that is so true! Thank you for sharing this! God bless!

Blessings,
~Caley

PS

I don't know if y'all heard or not, but Mommy had the baby on Friday, Oct 14th 2011! Riley L. Lemay! he is 7lb, 6.5oz and just so cute!
I'll post more about him within a weeks time or so. :) God bless!!