Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, August 1, 2011

To my "elderly" brother :)


Dear Elijah,

Happy 15th birthday!


I can barely believe it! You're 15 already and a young man who loves the LORD devotedly.


I love to see the way that you serve others and your King in the way that you live your life. You are thoughtful, kind, and a joy to be with. I am so thankful for your sense of humor, which constantly blesses me and brightens my life.


I have enjoyed seeing you grow spiritually in the past year, sharing in the experience of your first big bucks (even if I didn't get to see the actual deer for 5 months!), playing Risk with you over the past few months, canoeing with you on Uncle Spencer's pond, playing in the pool, watching (but not participating in!) the noodle fights in the pool, cooking with you in the kitchen, eating your yummy breakfasts, being the object of some of your practical jokes/playful teasing, and so much more!


May you be blessed in this next year and may your relationship with God and your family be strengthened in your 15th year.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Soli Deo Gloria! Love,


Hannah

CHRISTmas Pajamas.
Elijah looks grumpy in this picture because
he didn't get to sit on the tractor seat.  :)
Cake monster!
Big brother helping little brother along.
Big brother going with little brother on a ride at the mall.
Big brother giving little brother a "tractor" ride.
Elijah was feeling grumpy on this particular day. 
Notice that he chose to look at the ONLY dead flower in the picture! 
(why couldn't he have chosen a nice one!?!)
Elijah wasn't always a grumpy little guy. 
 Most of the time he was a great kid! 
(as you can see in the picture above!)
I love you, Elijah, and always did!
Swimming this summer.

No comments: