Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Friday, July 29, 2011

Thoughts on 1 Corinthians 15


I read 1 Corinthians 15 yesterday for my personal devotions. I was struck by how much I have to be thankful for - just in this one chapter of the Bible! Here are some praises that I wrote down in my journal:


Praise God for the gospel.
(15:1-4) 

Praise God that "Christ died for me according to the scriptures".
 (15:3)  

Praise God that my faith is not in vain.
(15:14) 

Praise God that we are not to be pitied, because our hope in Christ is real.
(15:19) 

Praise God that Christ has gained the victory over death.
(15:20) 

Praise God that there is indeed a resurrection.
(15:20-21)

Praise God that death is no longer to be feared.
(15:21) 

Praise God that "in Christ all shall be made alive".
(15:22)

Praise God that our corrupted bodies will be raised in incorruption.
(15:42) 

Praise God that we are no longer under the law, but under grace.
(15:56)  

Praise God that we have victory through Christ.
(15:57)  

Praise God that, in Christ, our labor is not in vain.
(15:58) 


There is so much more to be thankful for in this wonderful chapter than I have written. I would encourage you to read it through and see what praises you can write. Meditate on this and glorify God for His grace and mercy in redeeming you, cleansing you from your sins.
May you be blessed today.

Soli Deo Gloria! (to God alone be the glory)

Hannah

No comments: