Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Weekend on the Farm

  We were blessed with the opportunity to stay at the Richter's farm while they participated in a clinic in Minnesota.  It was great to finally learn how to do things on a farm and I got to milk Amanda's two goats, Dakota and Honey.  On Saturday, we went to a friend's house and the guys built chicken pens for the 200 meat chickens that we bought along with some other friends.  I am glad that I will now be able to do chores with Amanda and not be asking every couple of minutes "What can I do next?" or "Am I doing this right?".  Here are some of the pictures that I got over the weekend.  Please pardon me for all of the horse photos!!! :)


These guys moved around so much that this was the
 best picture that I was able to get all weekend!
The chicks
I thought that it was amazing how much larger
 the horse's head is compared to Jonathan's.
Hannah
Hope
Faith and Hope
Jonnie looks ready for anything! :)
Josh
Christian and Jeremiah (not our Jeremiah!)
The finished product(s)!
The sunset was incredible!  I just love sunsets! 
God is SO creative and knows just how to bless His children.  Praise Him!
Me and Otis, the "escape artist"
Milking Dakota

THE HORSES:
The horses could sense the storm coming and got really restless right before it broke.  The rain started so quickly and the drops were so big that I thought that it was hail!

6 comments:

Chris Beach said...

Beautiful. Where was this located?

The Armour Family said...

We were out at the Richter's house in WI.

Thanks so much for your comment!!!!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Hannah

Emily said...

Hannah,
Those pictures of the horses before the storm are INCREDIBLE!! I LOVE the vivid contrast of colors. That last one especially, looks like it should be on a postcard.

Carolina said...

those are gorgeous pictures of the horses! They hardly look real. :)

The Armour Family said...

I assure you that they most certainly ARE real! Now you see just one of the many reasons that I simply LOVE the country! :)

Soli Deo Gloria!

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hannah, these pictures are gorgeous! Especially the horses...they're captured in a such a beautiful way. Thanks for sharing!

- Lydia