Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Friday, May 27, 2011

God is SO good!


"God is SO good!"

  That has been my "motto" over the past week and a half.  I think that I've realized God's goodness in blessing me even more after going on a challenge along with a very dear friend of mine to write down 1,000 (yes, you heard right - one thousand!) things that I'm thankful for.  It has been a tremendous blessing to me and I find myself more quick in my praise of Him and His wonderful goodness to me than ever before.   

  I am amazed at how truly gracious and merciful our God is.  All that we deserve is to bear His righteous wrath, but instead of that, He sent His one and only Son to die for us and to bear the punishment that rightfully should have been ours.  So, whenever you find yourself thinking how unfair life is, or how "this isn't what I deserve"  be thankful that you aren't receiving what you really do deserve and praise God that life isn't fair, because if it was, it would be a living death - unbearable!

  Thank you, Jesus for being the propitiation for my sin! 

  Another aspect of the goodness of our King is expressed in Hebrews 4:14-16 which says:

 "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
 
  Praise Jesus that He does indeed sympathize with our weaknesses, that He is our High Priest, and that we may, because of His perfect sacrifice, come BOLDLY to the throne of grace!  I just love this passage of scripture and words fail me to tell of what an encouragement it has been to me - and of what hope there is here in this life because of Jesus!
 
Soli Deo Gloria!
 
Hannah

No comments: