Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trip to Iowa

    
     First of all, I must apologize for not posting anything for so long.  I have had very little time on this computer (where all of my pictures are stored) and any time that I have had has been spent in going through the 1,700 and something pictures that I took during our recent trip to Iowa.  I narrowed it down to less than 100 pictures that I wanted to post and narrowed that down even further so that you won't be looking at my blog for 20+ minutes.  Enjoy!

     Over Mother's Day weekend, we took a trip down to Iowa where we stayed with family.  One of my cousins had a birthday  over the weekend so we celebrated at their house.  The weather was delightful and truly a blessing from God.

     I really enjoyed all of the photo opportunities and took advantage of each of them.  Here are a few of my most memorable shots.


Teddy loved that wind!
The very noisy neighbor dog.
Our favorite climbing tree in IA.
Rosie, very intently watching a squirrel.
Just like Daddy.

PAIGE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY:
The birthday girl!
River
Sophia and Madison
Samuel (Samo) enjoyed chasing the dog,
who was chasing the Frisbee.
Sophia
"Grandma Great"
The guys out by the smoker.
Grandma
Madison
Grandpa Dave (Grandpa's Dad) and Me
Grandma and Grandpa
Paige
Can't you tell that Samo just LOVES Elijah!?!
Aunt Andrea and Uncle Spencer
Samo's staredown with the camera
It's kind of hard to light candles outdoors when the wind keeps blowing them out!
Uncle Spencer playing tag with the kids.
Duck, duck - GOOSE!
Grandma and Aunt Renee

SUNDAY:
Parting shot
I thought that I had found a nice, shaded spot,
but I didn't take the grey-white house next door into consideration!
It reflected the sun back into our eyes!  Lesson learned!
So many pretty violets down there!
A cardinal's nest.  We had always wanted to see a cardinal's nest - and God blessed us with one that was simply beautiful.  The eggs made it even better!
Did you ever think that a dandelion could be so beautiful? 
I certainly never did!
The sunset on the way home was brilliant! 
 I found it hard to take my eyes off of it.
PRAISE GOD for His magnificent creation - and photography!

2 comments:

Carolina said...

Beautiful pictures! :)

Renee Williams said...

Hi Hannah!!!

I just love all these photos!!! You are such a wonderful photographer!! I was wondering if you could send me a couple of the photos. Either through email or mail...whatever is easiest for you. I would like the one of Madison and Paige together (beginning of photos, madison in a blue shirt, paige in a pink shirt), also the one of the girls smelling the flower (towards the middle or end of the photos), also the one of samuel standing there in his Iowa shirt, and I love the one of the dandelion!!! Thanks so much for taking all these wonderful photos!! We loved spending the weekend with you all! We love you!!!
Aunt Renee :)