Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!


     He is RISEN!!!!  How wonderful our God is!!!!  That He would send His one and only Son to die for us - for you, for me, for each one of His elect.  But He was also raised on the third day.  So we are raised from our spiritual death, by His sacrifice and His victorious resurrection.

     Jesus could have called 12 legions of angels to His aid (Matthew 26:53), but He didn't.  He stayed the course, because He knew that His sacrifice was the only way.  "Without blood, there is no remission."  (Hebrews 9:22)  So, He died, the one pure and perfect sacrifice, suffering the cruelest, most humiliating death that could be devised.  I'll never know the pain, the anguish that He suffered in bearing my sin - my sin!  He took it and I am now cleansed from all of my unrighteousness!  I am seen as holy before God, because I am washed in the blood of the Lamb. 

     Isn't it amazing that God took the worst, most sinful act ever committed, namely, the killing of His Son, and used it for the greatest good ever accomplished!

     But the story didn't end when Jesus died, it was only beginning.  Jesus was buried and was in the grave for three days.  On the third day, He arose, never to die again!  That resurrection is what we celebrate at Easter.  If Christ would have died and stayed dead, there could have been no salvation.  Without the cross there could have been no salvation.  Without the resurrection, there could have been no salvation.

     Could you imagine living life with no purpose at all?  You are born, you live, you die.  End of story.  Thankfully, that is not what God has for us!  His Son, Jesus Christ, has given us hope, an EVERLASTING hope!  Jesus Himself is our inheritance.  Think of that! 

1 Peter 1:3-5
 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,  who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  

     The memory of our Redeemer's resurrection should not be an event that we celebrate only once a year.  The fact should be constantly before us and shape the way that we live our lives. 

     Blessings to all of you and a very happy Resurrection Day!  May your day be full and overflowing with joy in the knowledge that HE IS RISEN!

2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Hannah

John 10:17-18
“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life
that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me,
but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down,
and I have power to take it again.
This command I have received from My Father.”

No comments: