Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Joy in Supplication


   The above image is my bookmark.  Being so, I see it multiple times each day; but somehow, I failed to take to heart the scripture written on the front.  Isaiah 30:15

   Recently, I was sitting in my room, pleading with my LORD to show me His will for my life at this time.  I felt desperate.  When I had ended my prayer - rather, my entreaty - I took up my book...and what did I see but that precious passage of scripture! "In Quietness and Trust is your Strength."  The LORD had answered my prayer, almost before I had completed it!  It also reminded me of the scripture, "Be still, and know that I am God"  (Psalm 46:10)  As we are going through some trying times, those passages greatly encouraged me and reminded me that my trust should be in the LORD and Him ALONE.  I must not fight against His plan for my life, as it is FAR greater than any that I could even hope to devise.  I must accept His will with humility, quietness, and, I pray, with joy, taking it as yet another adventure that He will use to bring me ever closer to Himself. I hope to say with my whole being, " My LORD, you have my life, my love, my heart, do what you will with me."  Anything that He takes me through, I pray that it would bring me closer to Him.  He knows my every thought, desire and pain etc, (etc etc. etc.......!!) even so, it is a comfort to know that He listens to my every prayer as a Father to the plea of His child, made dear by the PRICELESS blood of Christ Jesus.

   Words do not even come near to expressing the joy that I felt in my LORD after reading that scripture.  I know in my heart what my God is to me, my Father, my best friend, my love, my joy...for eternity!  I cannot fully express my relief, my unbounded delight in how my Heavenly Father comforted me during those few moments.

   I am sorry to get so long-winded, once I started, it all seemed to pour out of me...a natural tendency, more and more frequently displayed!

Look at this one that I just found - we serve an AMAZING God!

   Psalm 116:1-2
   “I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.”

   One more thing:

   If the Noble Family has read this post, I just want you to know that the LORD has used you POWERFULLY through His Holy Spirit to strengthen me and to reinforce my love for Him - since you were the ones who gave me that priceless gift...the card - now more precious than ever!  It was always special to me because you were the givers but now more than you can know!  I thank the LORD for your friendship and for the way in which you so freely display His unbounded love.

Photo taken by:  Wesley Noble

2 comments:

Micaela Marques said...

It is neat to see God using those hard times to draw you closer to Himself and more conformed to His image. I'll be praying for you!

Love,
~Micaela

Carolina said...

Good post! Hope you guys are doing ok. :)