Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa

  

 Grandma and Grandpa came up on Sunday (the ninth) and stayed until Monday afternoon(the tenth).  The reason for their visit was to comfort and encourage us as we're going through an emotional time right now.  The LORD used them to do just that...plus, our faith was greatly strengthened.  We are so blessed to have grandparents who truly care, who LOVE the LORD and seek to do His will.

   On Sunday night - or was it Monday morning? - we stayed up until 2:30 A.M. simply talking of the LORD, what His plans might be for our lives and certain situations that we're going through at this time.

   In the morning, I made scones, or "scounces" as Grandpa calls them. After breakfast, we watched "Faith Like Potatoes". A movie that I and my family HIGHLY recommend. In the afternoon, we went swimming and Grandma allowed me to copy all of her photos since 2007 from her computer to my hard drive...all 17,000!  What a day!

   They Left around 5:00 P.M. but though the visit was short, it certainly had lasting effects.



   Just a short note....

   I am SO sorry that I have not posted for so long!  My photo upload program (whatever it's called!) wasn't working and...well, it's a long story!  Now I'm back and I hope to be posting faithfully.

No comments: