Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Psalm 63:1 and Random Thoughts

Psalm 63:1
O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.
 
God is good.  Always. 
He is the only One who truly satisfies. 
He is the giver all good things.  The One who created. 
When I feel like I am about to fall, He is there to uphold me. 
He gives us beauty to enjoy.  Because of His sustaining hand, I can watch the sun rise, enjoy green grass, and the cool evening breeze. 
He gives us strength and breath every morning. 
He has given me a precious family and friends who I call brothers and sisters. 
I am blessed because He was cursed.  Jesus died for me.  He died for those whom He loved before the world was created.  
I learn more each day what a sinner I am and how much I need Jesus.  But His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me. 
Praise be to God for His ever-abundant goodness.  I long for the day when I will see Him face to face, in all of His glory, and I, perfectly in His image. 
 
Just some random thoughts from me on this glorious Saturday morning.   

No comments: