Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Daniel and Kerry - Married!

Saturday, August 3rd was a good, good day.  It was a blessed day.  A God-glorifying day.  A beautiful day.  A day of miracles and answered prayer.  
This was the day that my dear friend and mentor, Miss Kerry married the amazing man who won her heart. 
For years and years - as long as we have known her - we have prayed with her and for her.  We prayed that God would bring her a husband.  He answered those prayers in a beautiful way!
I watched the groom, groomsmen, and bridesmaids make their way to the front.  Then Miss Kerry came around the corner of the building on her dad's arm, and it hit me - she really, really is getting married, and she looks GORGEOUS!  And I cried.  I cried tears of absolute JOY! I hadn't even considered crying as a possibility, and I literally couldn't see a thing!  I quickly reminded myself that I had to capture these memories. :)  I wiped my eyes, and proceeded to take pictures through the blur.  What a memorable moment!  I wouldn't trade it for anything. 
Their ceremony was very sweet, God-glorifying, and full of heartfelt thanksgiving.  This is something that I will always remember.  Here are a few of my favorites from the day: 
Coming down the aisle on her father's arm.  
I loved seeing her hold Daniel's hand...so precious to see my friend in love.  :)
Praying together while listening to the song "Never Once" by Matt Redman.  Powerful!
Reading their handwritten vows. 
The rings - their sign of commitment.
Introducing...Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Morrisett!!!!!  Praise the Lord!
The Happy couple!
She was radiant, glowing, beaming, and an absolutely beautiful bride!
She told Mama that she "felt guilty being so happy."  :)
  I am so happy for them, and grateful to God for His ever abundant goodness!
Love her! 
Where did the custom of "throwing things" at the bride and groom come from anyway?  Rather violent, don't you think?  :)
Off to begin a beautiful new life...together.
Proverbs 18:22

No comments: