Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Some Random Beauty and Cuteness from the Past Week

What a blessed life I have.  I must be honest and confess that I do not always see my life as beautiful, but it is.  I have a gracious God who forgives me, a beautiful Saviour who died for me, and the Holy Spirit working in my life, conforming me more to the image of Christ.  That is the hard part, the sanctification.  But I am grateful for my life, even if it is not what I, in my finite foolishness, would have chosen. God, in His infinite wisdom, had my life planned before He created the world, and He has known me since forever. :)
 
I read Psalm 36 this morning.  Verse 5 "Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens, and Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." struck me and reminded me of Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts."  I may not understand His ways, because they are infinitely higher than mine, but His faithfulness and mercy reach just as high.  He loves me, He treasures me, and He forgives my weakensses.  What a GLORIOUS thing it is to be a child of the one true God!  This is why life is beautiful!  I am redeemed, and nothing can seperate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39).
 
I didn't mean to get into all of that, but it just kind of happened.  :)  I'm listening to some gorgeous classical music - Vivaldi's "Four Seasons".  There is something special about having some favorite music playing, windows open to the beautiful, fresh, delicious smelling Spring breeze, thinking grateful thoughts, and watching my little brothers riding their bikes up and down the driveway.   See, I told you my life was blessed!  :)  :)
 
I would like to share a few (a few to me is more than 3 when we are talking about pictures) :) random pictures from the past week.  I love glorious sunsets, my brothers, our dogs, our new pet cat, Archie (who is actually a girl - whoops!), my awesome Mama who did something for me that you will see near the end of this post, and my Papa who works so hard and encourages me especially on the hard days. I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I loved taking them.
 
I was practicing my puppy cry, and Teddy thought I was nuts! :)
This is "Archie", named after Sir Archie Forbes in G.A. Henty's wonderful book, In Freedom's Cause.  I named the cat, and the boys don't particularly like my choice.  Hmmm.
Jeremiah built a house for Archie and is planning to put metal siding and shingles on it. It has two levels, a bedroom, and a "front porch".  Spoiled cat!  :) Is that not the sweetest thing!?! 
This is one of my favorite expressions! 
Little Mr. Bright Eyes.
A sunset as viewed over our pond earlier this week.  I thought of a line in Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons as I was photographing it:
"Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes!"
Cutie pie!
And here's what my awesome Mama did for me.  She's the best!
Love, love, love sitting on the edge of the dock and dangling my feet over the water below.
Have a blessed and beautiful week, y'all!  Find something to be super grateful for today, like...doing the dishes!  :)
"Being thankful for everything conquers a self-pityig spirit"
~Kim Brenneman (from Large Family Logistics)

1 comment:

Lydia Jo said...

Wow! Amazing photography! :D Thanks for sharing.