Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, April 8, 2013

Of Sunsets, Headlights, Wipe-outs, and Amazon Adventures

 I had a full memory card when I went out to take pictures of this glorious sunset, so I had to go back and quickly delete several photos from the previous day. Yeah, that's always real fun! :)
Lovely bubbles! :) 
I made three large venison pot pies for dinner on Saturday.  I love cooking for people I love! :) 
It's time to pull out those wonderful summer skirts again.  That feels sooooo good! 
I must be a terrible photographer! I was lying in the middle of our road (it's not a busy road until I'm lying in the middle of it!) and just finished setting my camera for the *perfect* shot and I look through the viewfinder and see...headlights! They were a lot closer than they look in the picture. Yikes! I moved pretty fast, you may be sure. :) The guy just grinned and waved.  He probably thought I was nuts.  Maybe I am.  :)
Elijah, Jeremiah and I went on a bike ride this past weekend and I wiped out coming around a downhill curve on a gravel road.  I went sailing, so did my bike, and gravel went flying in all directions as I slid across the road.  The boys were waaaay up ahead (that's what I get for being out of shape!) so I was there, sprawled out on the road for several seconds thinking "please come back, please come back" and then they disappeared over the rise ahead.  (please feel sorry for me!)  :) I picked myself up, hobbled over to where my bike was, and proceeded up the road. The whole front of me was absolutely covered in that fine, country-road dust.  Looking back on it now, I suppose I must have been quite a funny sight! :) My hands are pretty beat up, and I have a few scrapes and bruises, but I'm ok.  I told Mama that some people (that means me ;) will do anything to get out of washing dishes.  :)  So that is my epic tale from last week.  :) 
I so enjoyed watching Christian and Jonathan spending some quality time together today, out in God's beautiful creation.  Love that flag! 
So, Archie has a new name.  We re-named her "Marjorie" after Archie's wife and we call her "Marji" for short.  It worked out quite well - I have my Henty character, and the boys have the feminine name they wanted. :)

Sure, let's just hang out here all day....silly cat! 
The mighty adventurers on a noble quest to spear all of the nasty snakes on the Amazon. :) I do believe that this qualifies as a hazardous journey. :) 
I love my brothers!!!!!! Aren't they absolutely adorable!?! How did I get such cute brothers, anyhow? I'm so blessed.
I think he got one!  :)

No comments: