Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, March 16, 2014

This Year {Learning and Doing}



Hello and a very happy Spring to y'all!!!  It has been getting warmer here, and the sun is stronger and warmer than the chilly midwinter sunlight.  I love this season (even though it is impractically muddy!) of melting snow, new life, and warmer weather. 

Just a quick update on us (since I am so woefully behind in my blogging!):

This new year has been incredibly challenging and more blessed than I ever could have possibly imagined.  God is so good and so wise in everything that he does and I am so grateful to Him for all that He has done! 

There were several things on my mental "To-Learn-Someday" and "To-Do-Someday" lists that I have learned/accomplished in these first couple of months. 

I learned to dance early in February, and I cannot tell you how much FUN that was!  Even my brothers (skeptical in the extreme!) enjoyed it.  :) 

I ordered this online and have LOVED practicing my some of my favorite soundtracks.  :)
I am currently taking piano and voice lessons from some sweet friends here in Wisconsin.   A dear friend from church graciously and generously GAVE ME a piano!!!!!!  It was more than I had even thought to ask for or imagine.  God is so good!!!  I had prayed for a decent and cheap keyboard, and He provided me with a gorgeous instrument.  His ways are amazing!
Hockey!
 
Elijah, Jeremiah and I also learned to ski and play hockey this winter.  What a BLAST!!!  Skiing was, by far, one of the most thrilling experiences of my life!  I went down the bunny hill a couple of times and then graduated to a larger hill.  The whole way down I was praying, "Lord, PLEASE don't let me hit a tree, please don't let me hit a tree!"  It really showed me how utterly helpless I am!  It's just me, the hill, the trees, and my God keeping me safe. 
 

The whole group after a full day of epic skiing!


This lift was AWESOME!

Top of the World!

As far as reading this year, I determined to do better than last year, and I have surpassed last year's number already (that shows how few I actually read last year).  I read "The Journals of Jim Elliot" and am currently reading "Pilgrim's Progress", to name a couple of my favorites.  It has been amazing to read so many profitable and encouraging books!
This book is incredible!!
I have been blessed to have several dear friends visit briefly and the blessing to make new friends.  Friendship is such a sweet joy!
 
Y'all have a blessed week!  I am hoping to be posting more faithfully.  :)


2 comments:

C. A. Doehrmann said...

I know what you mean about impractically muddy! The Weieneths warned us about the mud where we live. March is supposed to be the worst. We've been parking on the gravel and then walking back and forth in our mud boots. (which I'm so thankful Derek encouraged me to buy a pair this winter!!!)Thankfully, we've only gotten our car stuck once. xD

Wow! That's so cool about the piano. God can do more than we ask or imagine. :) I can't believe you can play soundtracks already! I've been playing piano for years, and I'm lucky if I can get through a simple hymn. You'll have to play me something from Lord of the Rings when we see each other next. I love the Lord of the Rings Sound track!

What kind of dances did you learn?

Chris Beach said...

So happy to see you posting again, Hannah. It helps us know just a little about your lives. Thank you so much.

Skiing looks awesome!

Sure hoping (and planning)to see you all very soon.

Mr. Beach