Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blog Award

Hello y'all! 

My dear friend, Brookie (visit her blog, Bungalow of Blessing) nominated me for a blog award.  :)  Thanks, sweet friend.

Here’s how it works:
1. each nominee must answer 11 questions,
2. create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer,
3. link back to the person who nominated them,
4. choose one or more blogging friends and link them to their post, and
5. go to their websites and tell them.
 
Here are the 11 questions that I got to answer:

1. Who are three historical figures you are inspired by?
Stonewall Jackson because he was a great man of God, and spoke/wrote of Him constantly.
William Wallace, Scottish freedom fighter.
John Hooper, English martyr in 1555 - inspired me and truly, if I could choose a way to die, I would choose to be a martyr.
Let me name one more - William Tyndale, known for translating the Bible into the English language and martyred in 1536.
All of these men died while performing their duty.  I want to die in the same way.

2. What do you usually request for your birthday dessert?
Ice Cream!

3. If you had a quiet morning all to yourself, what would you do?
Whew! Tough one! I would probably head outside with a cup of tea, my Bible, favorite devotional books, sit on a porch swing, spend an hour or so in the word, and have a sweet prayer time with my Lord.  Then I would grab my journal and write a prayer, a praise, a scripture from my devotions, and several things I am thankful for.  Then turn on some soundtracks or worship music as I complete whatever is on my to do list.  After that, I would email Brookie and tell her that I had my ideal, perfect morning.  :)

4. Can you describe your life in six words?
I love my Lord Jesus Christ. (at least, I hope and pray that this is what others see in my life.)

5. What is something that makes you smile?
Just one thing!  Impossible!  I love it when someone takes a little time out of their day to bring a little extra joy to someone else, when I see someone else smile (and I know that they really meant it!), great memories, my family, and dear friends.  All of these things bring a smile to my face.

6. What is a book that you could read cover-to-cover without taking a break?
Foxe's Book of Martyrs - totally changed my life!  This is a must-read!

7. Describe a thrilling scenario (big or small) that you have been in and will always remember.
Hmmmm...visiting Mount Vernon and DC last year is definitely up there on my list of thrilling things that I've done.  It was incredible to see the very locations where men I respect and have read of in history lived and died. Also, if anyone ever visits DC, the National Archives are a must see!

8. What is your favorite time of the day and why?
I love the evenings when the whole family is together, worshiping, laughing, playing games, watching a movie, or sitting quietly, enjoying God's creation. 

9. Are you a city girl, a country girl, or a mix of both?
Country girl all the way!

10. If you were to pick one skill to master, what would it be?
Wow!  That's a tough one!  I suppose I will cheat and combine a number of things into one - the art of becoming a godly homemaker.  :)

11. What is something quirky about you that makes you unique?
I love 90% cocoa chocolate bars, I love the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, I love Scotland, and I would be so delighted if my husband would wear a kilt on our wedding day if he is not opposed to the idea.  :)  Ok, y'all have my permission to think I'm crazy. :)

Here are the three people that I am nominating:
Amanda Richter at Richter Ranch
Wesley Noble at Wesley Noble
Mr. Beach at Beach Life

I can't wait to learn a little bit more about y'all!

And here is a list of questions for y'all to answer:

1. What are some of your favorite quotes?
2. What are 3 scripture passages that have challenged, inspired, and/or encouraged you?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite thing about being a Christian?
5. What is one thing you are looking forward to when you get to heaven, other than seeing our Lord face to face?
6. If you could meet 5 people from history, who would they be?
7. Would you rather read a book on theology, history, science, fantasy, fiction, or a biography?
8. How do you show love to others?
9. What is something that really brings joy to your day?
10. What are 5 things that you absolutely could not live without?
11. What is your life's main goal?

Have fun, y'all! 

2 comments:

Marianela said...

These are great answers, Hannah! I found your family's blog this morning, and I love what you write on here. :)

1. What are some of your favorite quotes?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."~ William Wallace

"Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with your righteous right hand."~ Isaiah 41:10

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."~ C.S. Lewis
2. What are 3 scripture passages that have challenged, inspired, and/or encouraged you?
"Never will I leave you, nor forsake you."~ Hebrews 13:5

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him, and He shall make your paths straight."~ Proverbs 3:5-6

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." ~ Joshua 1:9

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Scotland! :)

4. What is your favorite thing about being a Christian?
Following Christ.

5. What is one thing you are looking forward to when you get to heaven, other than seeing our Lord face to face?
Seeing what it's like up there.

6. If you could meet 5 people from history, who would they be?
Stonewall Jackson
C.S. Lewis
Brian Jaques
Edith Schaeffer
and Charles Spurgeon

7. Would you rather read a book on theology, history, science, fantasy, fiction, or a biography?
History fiction! :)

8. How do you show love to others?
By being nice to them, and respecting their boundaries

9. What is something that really brings joy to your day?
Getting done with my exercises and getting a good night's sleep. :)

10. What are 5 things that you absolutely could not live without?
Books, movies, clothes, shelter, and food!

11. What is your life's main goal?
To bring glory and honor to my Heavenly King in what I say and do to those around me. :)

Thanks for the questions!

93Luthien said...

First of all, Hannah, I am inclined to love you :D I feel the same way you do about Scotland! Except my liking includes the whole of Great Britain :) I completely agree about Foxe's Book of Martyrs - although the people that inspired me the most were Hugh Latimer and Nicholas Ridley ("take courage, my friend, for this day we shall light such a candle in England that, by God's grace, shall never go out." )ahhhh! Marianella: Brian Jacques =YES. He was ruddy brilliant!