Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, December 3, 2012

Pots De Creme

 

(Pronounced "po duh krehm")

Jonnie calls them "cocoa cream".  :)

Mama bought me the Pioneer Woman Cookbook for my birthday earlier this year and I can't tell you how many amazing recipes we've used from it already. I would most definitely recommend that you buy it if you don't already own it. 

I made this recipe for the first time just a week ago and it was such a success that I made it again tonight.  I hope that you enjoy it just as much as we did!  :)  It's pure, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth (literally!), goodness. :)

Ingredients:

12 ounces, weight Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
4 whole Eggs, Room Temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Salt
8 ounces, fluid Strong Hot Coffee

Directions:

First thing to do is to take your eggs out of the refrigerator ahead of time and let them come to room temperature before starting.

When eggs are at room temperature you can begin by placing the chocolate chips into a blender. Follow this with the eggs and the vanilla.  Add a pinch of salt. Turn on the blender.

While it is blending, remove the circular disk from the blender lid and very slowly pour in 8 ounces of strong, VERY HOT coffee. It is essential that your coffee be extremely hot in order for the final product to be the right consistency and texture.

Blend for a minute or so until mixture is smooth and fairly free of visible bits of chocolate.

Pour the mixture into your serving glasses or little demitasse cups, leaving plenty of room to add a heap of whipped cream later.

Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours so the mixture has a chance to set.

Garnish with whipped cream and maybe a chocolate curl or two and you have an easy, delicious and yes, elegant, dessert!



 

2 comments:

Brooke Noble said...

YUM, Hannah! These look amazing!!! And what a good idea to use jars for the "pots". :) How many servings does one recipe make? Thanks for posting this - I'd love to try these sometime soon! Love you!

The Armour Family said...

Thanks for your comment, Brookie! I made a double recipe and overfilled my jars. :) I was able to fill 8 jars right to the brim, so if you filled them between 1/2 and 3/4 full with a double recipe, it might make 10-12. You'll have to let me know when you make these and what you think of them!