Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trip to North Carolina - On the Road

We were up "bright and early" Friday morning, ready to go.  We had a time of prayer and then headed out to the car.  The guys waved to us until we were out of sight. 
At the hotel Friday night, I got some shots of the traffic on a slow shutter speed.  This photo was at 15 seconds.
This was taken on a 30 second shutter speed.  It is so neat to see where vehicles changed lanes and exited the freeway.  Since I didn't have a tripod, I had to get a little bit creative.  :)  I turned the trash can up-side-down and stabilized the camera body against the window.  I was pretty happy with the way these shots turned out.
A glorious sunrise on Saturday morning as viewed through our hotel window. 
No editing whatsoever. :)
Notice the little transgressors of the law on the bottom board of the fence.  :)
The Charleston capitol building.
We passed some lovely homes on the way...
Mama and I both thought that this was the cutest little place!
This is what the back seat looked like.   I somehow managed to squeeze in.  :)  It really wasn't that bad.  :)
We came over the top of a hill, and I gasped when I saw this beautiful scene.  The photo doesn't do it justice.
We stopped briefly at a scenic overlook.  This was another of those "gasper" moments!
Me and Miss Dawn
What a gorgeous location!
Simply country.
Just for laughs!  There were a lot of weird "villes" in NC, one of them being Hicksville.  :)
These cheery little beauties were popping up all along the mountain highways.  They flashed past so quickly that this was the best picture I managed to get.

3 comments:

Brooke Noble said...

Wow - these pictures are beautiful, Hannah! That sunrise is indeed breathtaking! In the second photo of the cute houses, I love how you can see its reflection in the water! And all those different "ville" towns - that picture made me laugh. :) What was your favorite scenery to drive through? Thanks so much for sharing these photos with us!
Love,
Brookie

The Armour Family said...

Thanks, Brookie, for your sweet comment. To answer your question, I really, really loved driving through the mountains. I love the wild aspect and the beauty of the scenery. God is so good to give us nature to enjoy. Creation proclaims His majesty!

I love you, my friend!
To God be the Glory,
Love,
Hannah

Lydia Jo said...

Beautiful photos! They really give a feel for the area you traveled through...I like the diversity between the different shots. God bless you on your trip!