Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My "Papa"

   Happy Father's Day, Papa!

   My father is, has been, and always will be a great blessing and encouragement to me.  He continually directs me in the ways of the LORD.  One thing that I especially appreciate about him is his faith.  Faith that only the LORD can give.  Faith that allows him to leave our home of  6 years and move to the opposite side of the country.  Faith that kept him (and his wonderful wife) in Texas for over 9 months - in an RV with 5 children and 2 energetic dogs nonetheless!  Faith that now keeps him trusting in the LORD for direction concerning the next part of our journey.  

   He is a shepherd to his family, leading us in family devotions each day; exhorting us to grow ever nearer to our blessed Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Examining the word of God and revealing his ever-growing knowledge to us, that we may apply it to our lives. 

    He desires with all of his heart to grow nearer to his Saviour.  He yearns to know more of the matchless ways of the LORD.

   On this day when we celebrate fathers, I also remember our Heavenly Father who has given me the blessed man who is my "Papa".

   Thank you, Papa for the example you are to me of godliness and striving after righteousness.

No comments: