Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, June 7, 2010

Farm Life

   Yesterday, we passed the afternoon and evening at the home of some of our good friends, the Richter family.  They live on a farm and have 8 horses, 5 goats, 2 cats and 1 dog.  My friend, Amanda, has a milk goat and we had the interesting experience of actually seeing her perform the milking process!  We roasted marshmallows around the fire and sang some songs.  All in all, we had a wonderful day!

Amanda's horse, Misty


BOTTLE-FEEDING

You wouldn't believe how FAST he drank that thing!
Christian had the job of feeding the goat.

3 comments:

Amanda Richter said...

Oh,Hannah those are such cute pictures! i just love the one of Barley after she had her bottle!!


Your friend,
Amanda Richter

Emily said...

What fun! Those horses are beautiful!!! My grandparents (where I am now) used to have several hundred or so goats and we got to bottle feed them all the time but last week, they sold them all even our favorite one named, 'Happy'. :(

Goats often have twins and triplets and unfortunately, the mother sometimes "looses" count of how many she has and refuses to let one feed, thus creating the need for bottle-feeding. My grandparent almost always had 3-5 "bottle babies" they were feeding at a time.

Jenna Renfro said...

Hey Hannah!
I'm so glad I found your blog! I miss you so much! I knew I would love this post when I saw the title: Farm Life! You know those rabbits I was going to get? Well, I got some and they died. :( But... I got some more from the Coles! When I went to go get some of my old rabbits from this lady, I got to see some goats as well! There were some little baby ones and they were absolutely adorable. They jumped up on you like a dog, licked you, and were jumping on and off buckets! Did you get to milk the goat? I really want to milk a cow or goat someday. Oh, I forgot, you're not an animal person. :)
Anyway, can I have your email address? I'd love to write you!

Love you!
Jenna