Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unconditional Love


 Unconditional Love-what a beautiful thought! That even though we are wretched sinners, God loves us and has chosen us to be His children-HIS children-just think of that!
 To me, the knowledge that I have done nothing to merit my salvation is a humbling yet wonderful thought. That my God is all-sufficient, that He alone is my fortress, my  refuge. That I love Him because He first loved me.
 For more than a week now, I have been pondering God's perfect, unconditional love. He created this world, He decreed all of the events in history and all future events. He formed every one of us. He chose me-ME, a helpless, hopeless, fallen, wretched sinner-to be one of His children. My question is "why me?", "why me? ". I do not know the answer to that question but what I do know is that it is not because of anything that I have done or ever will do. What I do know is that His love is pure and that He is perfect.   
 Glory be to Him and to Him ALONE!




No comments: