Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, December 2, 2013

Hunting Update

 
Just a quick hunting update:
I am super excited and grateful for all that God has blessed us with this hunting season.  This is beyond anything that I could have imagined!  God blessed the guys with six deer while they were gun hunting, and one roadkill on the way back home.  That is a lot of meat!!!  The guys have been hanging/skinning/butchering for the past couple of days and there is even more to do tomorrow.  Lots of jerky in the making!  :) 
Also, I am super excited to announce (y'all have my permission to think I'm crazy - my family certainly does!) that I will be making haggis with a deer stomach, heart, lungs, and liver that I kept from the deer that I gutted.  For years, I have wanted to make this traditional Scottish dish, and I am so looking forward to the night that we can have it for dinner!   
This is the roadkill deer that they picked up on the way home.  What a beauty!


As a side note, I hope to be posting here more often.  :)  Hope y'all had a blessed Thanksgiving, and are enjoying a lovely December!  Stay warm! :)

2 comments:

C. A. Doehrmann said...

Haggis? I don't think you're crazy -- just brave. I don't think I could bring myself to look at a deer heart, much less cook it and eat it!
I hope it turns out well.
Is anyone in your family brave enough to be taste testers do you think?
Where do you even find a recipe for haggis these days?

Chris Beach said...

WOW!! That's fantastic, guys! Can't believe you were able to get so many. Happy feasting. :-)

Sure miss you all. Stay warm and enjoy the Christmas season.

chris