Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, October 28, 2013

Faithful Provisions

The most vibrant, incredibly beautiful, longest lasting rainbow I've ever seen.  I love the reminder that our God always, always keeps His promises!

Praise God for His faithfulness!  It has been a crazyamazing (that is my newly invented word) :) couple of weeks! 

I love living here in Wisconsin, and I am so grateful for God's faithful provisions.  There are many things and people in Iowa that I miss, but it is good, good, good to be together as a family again.  I love sitting around the table with a delicious meal, and laughing until I hurt all over.  I love the quiet evenings sitting around the fire.  I love staying up late, giving Papa a back rub with the lights turned down low, and some relaxing music on the computer.  I love getting to know our new home.  I love chasing rainbows in the field behind our home.  I love climbing the silo to watch an approaching storm, or the sunset.  I love to see my brothers having fun in our backyard.  I love the challenge of having no kitchen and doing dishes in our bathroom.  :)  To sum it all up, I love pretty much everything about living here.  :)  I hope to be posting before and after photos of our new home and some other random stuff, but until then, I have some big news!

God provided Elijah with a deer last week!!!!!!  It was so exciting, and he let me do most all of the field dressing.  Please don't judge me when I say that it was incredibly fun!  :)  He shot it in the morning - his arrow went through the deer and then into the ground, and the deer dropped within sight.  I was jumping up and down with excitement when he told me that he had gotten a deer.  :)  So...here are a few photos of the whole process.  They're a little bloody, so I hope that you don't mind that sort of thing.  :)

Elijah's doe was a yearling, so it was pretty small, but that means that the meat will be more tender.  We has our first roast this past Sunday and it was AMAZING!

It was soooo cold without a coat in our freezing weather, but totally worth it!
My personal trainer, brother, buddy, friend, and handsome gentleman.  I love him dearly.

3 comments:

C. A. Doehrmann said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Derek and I pray for you, your family, and the business just about every day!

That looks like such a beautiful area. I can't wait to see more pictures.

When Pastor Pete and Raylene got back from Wisconsin, they said they stopped by to say hi. Raylene also encouraged me to know you were in a very similar situation as Derek and I -- no stove and only a bathroom sink for dishes.
Any chance of there being some recipes posted in the future from your experiences without a stove? :)
Our situations remind me of this verse:
“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much." - Luke 16:10
Though we might have little, but we have big opportunity from God to grow!

Brooke Noble said...

I really enjoyed this post, Hannah! It was fun to read about the simple delights you're enjoying in WI. That is one beautiful rainbow and an incredible reminder of God's faithfulness, and what a blessing that Elijah got a deer! Love you, dear friend!

P.S. Can't wait for photos of your new home!!! <3

Kathryn said...

Praise the Lord for His provision! Retrieving a trophy from the woods is always a thrilling adventure.
I am so grateful to hear how much you are enjoying your new home in Wisconsin... may the Lord continue to be your joy and strength as you get settled.