Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you. - John Owen

Monday, May 6, 2013

Life These Days {Blessed!}

 
Crazy, amazing, beautiful life and an unknown future...so grateful that I have a God, and not only a God, but God Almighty, my Heavenly Father, in control of my life. 
 
I have been reading through Foxe's Book of Martyrs lately.  Great conviction, blessing, and encouragement in those pages!  I read about John Hooper today and this beautiful quote gave me shivers as I read it:
 
"I have taught the truth with my tongue, and with my pen heretofore; and hereafter shortly shall confirm the same by God's grace with my blood."
-John Hooper
 
Then I finished the chapter.  As I read of Mr. Hooper's martyrdom, I was crying my eyes out! Never in my life have I cried while reading a book. I've come close before, but I couldn't hold it in today. I absolutely can not wait to meet this man someday!  Perseverance of the Saints constantly comes to mind as I read this book.
 
Another favorite quote from John Foxe:
 
"Wherein, if the power of man had prevailed, what could they not do?  Or what could they do more than they did? ...And yet, notwithstanding, to see how no counsel can stand against the Lord, note how all these be gone, and yet Christ and His Church doth stand."
 
In other unrelated news, I am getting better at multi-tasking!  I organized two drawers in my bathroom while brushing my teeth and listening to some of my favorite music.  Ok, so maybe not a big deal, but I thought it was funny.  :)  (To tell you the truth, though, I am horrible at multi-tasking and trying to work on that!)
 
While looking up some music from "The Hobbit" I came across "Leave No Man Behind" from "Black Hawk Down" (never seen the movie).  Oh. My. Goodness.  Definitely a new favorite here!  Very slow, but oh so beautiful.  Listening to it a lot these days.  :)
 

So now to bomb you with some pictures.  But don't worry.  There's not actually very many this time.  :)
These little cuties enjoyed a swim in our pond on a warmer day.  Love watching them splashing around!  It's the little things in life. 
Annnnd....now for the big warning:
Stay off the roads!  We now have three student drivers in the Armour home! 
Friday was a tough, looonnnggg, stressful, final-exam-taking kinda day.  After my exam was over, I baked gingersnaps, made some vanilla ice cream, and created this delicious little guy.  That made my evening a whole lot better! 
Soooo...Elijah and I decided to name one of the squirrels "Peterkin" after Ballantyne's humorous character in "The Coral Island". No one else likes the idea very much... :)
I'm thinking "Ralph" (another Ballantyne character in "The Coral Island", this name is also not going over very well...) for the other little guy, and we are having an impossible time coming up with names for the two little gals.  Help, please? 
We spent a sweet Sunday afternoon in the very spot my parents married nearly 24 years ago. Praise God for His incredible faithfulness! They are such a beautiful testimony of His grace.
 LOVE these awesome guys! They make me laugh like no one else can, and encourage me each day. Praise God for brothers! 
Super fun shot!  I love the genuine smiles.  They were having a ton of fun - Elijah pretending to dump Christian off his shoulders and Christian covering Elijah's eyes with his hand.  Sweet, sweet memories! 
Glorious spring day! 
Bye, y'all!  Have a blessed week full of joy in the Lord.  Worthy is the Lamb!!!

2 comments:

Amanda, for the Richters said...

How about....
1) Bubbles

2) Zena. It's Greek! ( means Hospitable)

3) Elspeth. It's Scottish!

4) Kameron! ;) Scottish!! means Crooked nose! ( for a boy)

5) Bryndis. means, strong armor:)

I have more!

I have to say, I don't really like "Ralph" either...

Chris Beach said...

That photo of your parents is terrific. What a great shot.

We love you all!